Additionally, there are separate terms for:
Deadlines and deliveries policy
Once payment has been received from you, the turnaround time is generally 4 weeks from date of receipt of payment (Made to Measure is slightly shorter). However, we highly recommend that orders are placed at least 5 weeks prior to the date the garment(s) is required. This allows enough time for manufacture, quality control, shipment, fitting, alteration, pressing and provides some leeway for other unanticipated delays.
Delivery time may vary depending on:
- current order volumes; or
- fabric availability; or
- if any special designs have been requested by you; or
- external factors outside of the control of Montagio – e.g. delays in freight, acts of nature, human error, mechanical or technical errors and faults, or customs procedures and schedules at the country of dispatch or delivery.
Montagio shall do everything within its control to ensure that a your garment(s) is made available by the agreed date. However, should there be a delay in the receipt of an order, Montagio shall not be held liable for any direct or indirect losses or damages incurred by the delay.
Expedient delivery of an order is generally possible, but attracts the following surcharges which are required to cover our additional costs like staff overtime and increased freight charges:
- a $100 surcharge per individual 2 or 3 piece suit, per order; and/or
- a $50 surcharge per individual jacket or trouser, per order; and/or
- a $35 surcharge per individual shirt or vest, per order.
The expedient delivery charges are inclusive of GST.
Order change and cancellation policy
Cancellations or changes to your order are only accepted within 24 hours from order being placed as in most cases your garments will begin being manufactured within that time frame. We do not offer refunds if you simply change your mind, however we do allow you to change your order.
Order cancellations are conditional upon the following:
- orders may only be cancelled within 24 hours of the order being placed (and depend on whether the order has begun manufacturing or not); and
- no refund can be given for cancellations made after 24 hours from the order being placed; and
- in the event of a cancellation, a fee of $200 will be charged to compensate for our time spent and opportunity cost (this amount will be provided to you as a store credit); and
- all requests for cancellations must me made in writing via email or via our Contact Us page.
Order changes are conditional upon the following:
- order changes cannot be made after 24 hours from the order being placed; and
- if you downgrade an order you shall receive a store credit in the amount of difference; and
- if you upgrade an order, you shall be required to pay for that upgrade upfront; and
- all requests for order changes must me made in writing via email or via our Contact Us page.
Appointment bookings policy
Finally, we value your time, please value ours. While you may reschedule your appointment anytime, cancellations with less than 24 hours' notice and "no shows" may incur an administration fee of $35.
Returns and refunds policy
In all cases, refunds and returns shall be subject to an evaluation based on either a personal inspection of the garment(s) by Montagio, or a detailed letter or email accompanied with photographic evidence of the defect. If the letter or email is deemed insufficient by Montagio, Montagio reserves the right to request a personal inspection at our showroom, in which case the customer would need to bring the garments in and wear them for Montagio to evaluate.
Additionally, all refunds and returns are conditional upon the following:
- Montagio shall only accept returned goods that are in an unused condition and reserves the right to deny the issuance of a refund for any good that we believe has been previously used, worn, damaged, incorrectly treated, altered or adjusted; and
- you can prove that the goods were purchased from Montagio; and
- all goods must be returned to an authorised Montagio agent or distributor where you placed the actual order; and
- the sender is responsible for any shipping/delivery charges incurred in performing the return or refund.
Ready Made goods
Ready made goods include, but are not limited to products like ties, cuff links, belts and other non-customised goods available for purchase from Montagio. Refunds, exchanges and repairs will not be provided after goods have been received by you unless the goods are faulty, not doing what they’re supposed to do, or are significantly different to those shown or described to you. Additionally, Montagio does not offer refunds if you have simply changed your mind.
The first course of action shall always be to replace or repair the goods. Subsequent to this, a full refund may be offered.
On purchasing a custom tailored garment, the following policies apply.
At Montagio we strive to offer the best possible customer service in our class and industry. To assist in providing you with well fitted garment, Montagio offers an "Alterations Allowance" which you may use toward the undertaking of agreed modifications to improve the fit of your Custom Tailored garment(s). Made to Measure garments do not have an Alterations Allowance.
All Custom Tailored garment(s) have the capacity for reasonable alterations to be performed. If alterations are required, we shall handle the alterations process for you, or refer you to one of our preferred local suppliers.
Current Alterations Allowance amounts for Custom Tailored garments are stated below. These allowances may change at any time and without notice:
|Garment Type||Alterations Allowance|
|2 Piece Suit||$75|
|3 Piece Suit||$95|
|2 suits for $1,200 deal||$50 per suit|
Alterations Allowances may vary for garments offered at a discount or via a special deal or promotion. For more information, refer to the individual terms and conditions of offer. Garments offered at no charge do not have an Alterations Allowance.
Instances where Montagio will not offer any Alterations Allowance include:
- if the alteration is directly related to a change in order requirement from you after the garment(s) has already been manufactured; or
- if you have provided your own measurements or have not been measured by a Montagio consultant or authorised Montagio agent or distributor; or
- if you go against the recommendation or measurement taken by a Montagio consultant or authorised Montagio agent or distributor and insist on a particular measurement or style; or
- if you gain or lose weight between the time of measurement and the time of final fitting; or
- if you wear loose or baggy clothing when you are being measured up; or
- if you request an alteration after more than 7 days of picking up your order (unless otherwise agreed in writing).
If alterations are required, we will adjust your measurements in our records so that subsequent orders will be to your fitting preference.
In the unusual case that your garment(s) is unwearable and unalterable, subject to the above conditions we may offer to remake it for you, or if applicable, you may wish to obtain a refund (refer to our Returns and Refunds Policy).
If you have an oddly shaped body, Montagio will do its very best to tailor your required fit. But in the unlikely circumstance that the fit is not to your preference, the above Alterations Allowances limits are still applicable. In order to keep our prices low, any additional alterations costs associated with obtaining your preferred fit will be your responsibility. We shall of course handle the alterations process for you, or refer you to our preferred local suppliers.
Once you take your garment(s) from Montagio's premises, any remaining Alterations Allowance becomes null and void and cannot be used for the modification of garments from that time onwards, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
The final decision regarding whether an Alterations Allowance shall be granted to you rests solely with Montagio. Montagio reserves the right to refuse alterations if we consider the garment(s) to fit appropriately.
Alterations at Montagio events and Other Locations
Occasionally, Montagio may hold tailoring events at locations other than Sydney (e.g. our "we come to you" service), or you may have purchased from us but are not located in Sydney. In such cases, your garment(s) will generally be delivered directly to your preferred address, and may not include our usual final fitting service.
If Custom Tailored garment(s) purchased in this way require alterations, you will need to send us good quality photo(s) of you wearing the garment(s) in a natural position accompanied by a detailed written description of what you believe needs to be altered. Please Contact Us and we will provide you with an email address to send your photos to.
If it is agreed that alterations should go ahead (subject to general terms and conditions above), you will need to take your garment(s) to your local alterations company to have the modifications performed and then send copies of the receipts to us to claim your Alterations Allowance.
REFUNDS AND RETURNS POLICY
Each Montagio Custom Tailored garment(s) is individually manufactured for each customer based on their unique measurements and design requirements. As a result, Montagio can only accept returns or provide a refund on Custom Tailored garment(s) deemed to be totally unwearable, be it a fitting defect that is unalterable, or a quality defect.
If the issue relates to fitting and the garment(s) is alterable, the first step taken to rectify the issue shall be to make an alteration as per our Alterations Policy. If the issue is still not resolved after alterations, at Montagio's discretion, a second step may be to replace the garment with a new garment made to the adjusted specifications. If the garment is not fit to wear as a normal garment would due to the quality of workmanship (e.g. stitching, fabric etc.), then Montagio shall first attempt to rectify the quality issue.
The final decision regarding returns and refunds rests solely with Montagio. Montagio reserves the right to refuse returns and refunds if we consider the garment(s) to fit appropriately and be of suitable quality. Montagio does not offer returns or refunds if you have simply changed your mind.
On purchasing a made to measure garment, the following policies apply.
Made to Measure garments do not have an Alterations Allowance. Any alterations you request shall be at your own cost, unless the alteration is to make good a sizing defect with the garment (i.e. the garment is not made to the agreed size). Montagio offers an onsite alterations service for your convenience. We are happy to provide you with a quotation for any further alteration work you may require. You are free to take your Made to Measure garment elsewhere for alterations.
REFUNDS AND RETURNS POLICY
Each Montagio Made to Measure garment(s) is individually manufactured for each customer based on their unique measurements and design requirements. As a result, refunds, exchanges and repairs will not be provided after goods have been received by you unless the goods are faulty, not doing what they’re supposed to do, or are significantly different to those shown or described to you. Additionally, Montagio does not offer refunds if you have simply changed your mind.